InstaTurf ShearForce Products Excel in Large-Scale Performance Testing
The immediate erosion control performance of InstaTurf ShearForce10 and ShearForce12 products was quantified in ASTM D6460 Large-scale Unvegetated Channel testing at TRI Environmental’s Denver Downs research facility
- 2ft wide x 40ft long channel flume, Loam soil bed on 20% gradient
- Mats installed with 8 inch wire staples at 3.8/SY
- 3 Separate test plots with (4) consecutive 30 min flow events per plot
- Discharges up to approx 50 CFS
- Velocity > 24 ft/sec
- Shear Stresses up to 11 – 12 lbs/sf
Average Cumulative Soil Loss – Approx .1 – .2 Inches (ASTM failure point .5 inches)
Unvegetated ShearForce Products DID NOT fail at highest achievable flow discharge
Results from initial and subsequential rounds of ASTM D6460 unvegetated large-scale channel testing were very impressive!
But don’t just take our word for it… download the results and see for yourself.
Large Scale Channel Testing Video